Monday, November 5, 2012

I’m not friends with Messi, says C. Ronaldo

 

Cristiano Ronaldo has stated emphatically that he is not friends with Barcelona forward, Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo, 27, says he and Messi, though in the Liga, share a strictly professional relationship.
The pair have been painted as fierce rivals in recent years, with both players competing for the same club and individual honours, goal.com reports.
But, though he admits they are not close, Ronaldo is adamant there are no issues between the two of them and expressed his respect for the Barcelona man.
“He (Lionel Messi) is a great player,” Ronaldo told beIN sport. “I have a professional relationship (with him) like I have with other players.
“I’m not friends with him because we don’t share the same dressing room. I respect him like a professional. We’re not real friends, just friends through our profession. There are no issues between the two of us.
“It’s (issues being created) not just now, its been the same for the last five years. I can’t control it.”
Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: